Saturday, December 1, 2007

Big News...

The past couple of days have been the same abnormal ultra-sounds. Today, we found out more information during our ultra-sound. The babies fluid levels were both low and apparently have been for a while. I got frustrated/nervous during the scan because I feel like we aren't getting all of the details. I called my nurse in afterwards and told her that I wanted to speak with a doctor and I wanted them to explain to me what was going on. (Up to this point my scans have been done by the maternal fetal group techs, then their doctors review the scans and consult my doctor and finally my doctor consults me-so I just felt like maybe their was a break down in communication). So, Dr. DeRouche (from Maternal Fetal Group) came in and explained everything to us. He said that basically they monitor me and are looking for a downward trend in the progression of the babies. He said today that he has been seeing that trend and anticipates me delivering Monday/Tuesday or at least by the end of the week. He did also say that he has been wrong before, so it may not happen, but he would be surprised if it didn't. So, I am shocked, I guess, because I haven't had a break down yet. Normally with this kind of news, I would definitely be freaking out-that will probably come tomorrow-ha!! Kyle is more than likely not going to go on his trip, but he is going to make the final decision after tomorrow's ultra-sound. So, please pray pray pray for all of us!!

No comments: