Saturday, November 24, 2007

Good Report....

Well, I just had to figure out how to insert some fun images on my posts since Kyle really out-did me on the Thanksgiving one.
Last night I was feeling really uneasy about everything, so I prayed for God to take my worries and anxiety about all of this and replace it with peace in knowing that God is faithful and His will is PERFECT!! Today has been my BEST day here!! We had our usual ultra-sound and Parker's blood flow showed as high instead of absent end (which is still abnormal, but an improvement!). It also helped that we had a really nice ultra-sound tech who was very positive!! Also, there have been some issues with 2 of my uterine arteries being abnormal. But, today one of them had somehow made enough improvement to read as normal, so that was good!! Mom brought us lunch from The Picnic today, so that always puts a smile on my face!! Then, we got to get out of our jail cell and go on a tour of the NICU. It was unbelievable to see all these teeny tiny babies and to know that they were okay!! We saw one that was born 2 days ago that weighed 1 lb. 13 oz. He was unbelievalbe...breathing on his own and doing just fine!! I could have held him in the palm of one of my hands~what a miracle!! Also, the nurses working in there were sooooo nice and encouraging!! They made me feel so good about our situation!! Then, after that we went down to the lobby for a change of scenery. Our neighbor across the hall came down with her husband and we talked to them for a while. She has been here for 6 weeks and is due the exact same day as I am. Her water broke at 19.5 weeks and they gave her baby a 5-10% chance of making it. She is now 30 weeks and everything looks good!! I cannot even imagine what kind of emotional roller coaster she has been through, but boy is she calm and patient!! I think God introduced us today to help me put things into perspective!! So, now I have a friend on my hall. And, she somehow got set up with the penthouse suite. Her room is like 4 times the size of ours!! She said she started out in a room like ours, but since she was going to be here for so long, they upgraded her. So, I think I may go hang out with her next week when everyone else is working...if I'm allowed to anyways!! Then, Karen and Margaret Anne came to see us tonight and brought us Carraba's and banana pudding, which was a huge treat from the yummy hospital food!! So, Dr. Blake gets back in the office on Monday and we are looking forward to hearing her take on progress!! Keep praying for these babies to keep cooking!!

2 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

I am glad to read that you are feeling more positive about the progress of your babies. We pray for you and think of you often. We went to ATL for Thanksgiving and it was a lot of fun. I know you are anxious to meet your boys! You must think about it all the time. Seems like you have a steady flow of visitors, so that is good. Hopefully your meeting with you doctor tomorrow will go well.

Forrest Blogs said...

Cole and I tried to leave you a comment last night, but I couldn't find your blog. Jennifer told me what it was later. Anyway, had Cole been with me this morning, I am sure he would have said...

"po 90ver b,k q 45ae rg 8, msaetyqa4[ 8jnmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I think it means "I Love you aunt Julie." That or "My diaper sure smells bad."