Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Daddy's View

I thought I would make a post since Julie has been doing all the "blogging". I will try to keep my post shorter and lighter.

I think the Ultrasound techs hate me. If you know me very well you know that I will watch over their sholder and tell them if I see something they didn't mention. I have gotten pretty good at it since we have had more ultrasounds than I can remember. It actually has been a real priveledge to have all the ultrasounds. I don't know what we will do if we ever have another baby and only get a couple of ultrasounds.

I have gotten in good with the nurses however, tonight I took my left over birthday cup cakes to the nurses station and they thought I hung the moon. I guess that is why drug reps always take bagels or doughnuts with them on calls!!

Now, Julie gave you all the scary stuff in her post, I will give the glass is half full version. Today our doctor said that she thought we were over analysising everything and that she felt really good about the babies. She even asked the nurses not to disturb us tonight so that Julie can get some rest. Both Mitchell and Parker have been moving a lot and their heart rates are strong and steady for the most part. I truly believe that my little ones are growing and will do just fine.

God has been so good to us throughout this process and He will continue to be faithful. I have felt more gratefulness this Thanksgiving than I think maybe I ever have. Believe it or not I am lying here in a hospital room on two chairs pushed together, wondering about the well being of my first two children, feeling extremely grateful to God for his faithfulness and peace. It is only through the power of the Holy Spirit that I could have this attitude. Praise God!

Praise Him, for he is good!!

And now for the gratuitous Thanksgiving Turkey shot!

1 comment:

Erik said...

Great to hear from Daddy Dunn! I've only been following your guy's blog for a few days, but am glad to be in the loop, now. Thanks for the update!

I'm so glad to hear that all is going well with M & P and will be praying that it continues as such.

How are things going on the work front? I miss you, bro. Talk to you later!

~Erik