Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hospital Bedrest....

Well, yesterday was my 29 week doctor's appointment. As I said in last week's blog, I was looking for some way to negotiate with Dr. Blake to get out of the house a little bit. Well, I guess we should be careful what we wish for because God has a way of making us appreciate those annoyances of life. When I went in for my ultra-sound, my cervix actually had made improvements, which is great!! So, in my head I was thinking, perfect~bedrest is over!! Well, then they went on and found that little Parker's abdomen was not progressing at the same rate as Mitchell's. Also, when they did the cord dopplers they found that Parker had abnormal blood flow. Of coarse, my heart dropped!! I was scared to death!! The doctor came in and told us all of that and that he thought that this could be TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) This can happen when twins share one placenta (which they do) and one twin gets more of the nutrients and blood supply than the other. It can be VERY dangerous!! Luckily, I am already at 29 weeks, so if they have to take them, most likely they will be fine!! Anyways...now I am at Centenial Hospital being monitored 24/7. This morning my doctor came in to tell me that I would have a c-section and that I could have them as soon as tomorrow, so she went over what to expect and the warnings to having c-sections (which I really could have stood not to hear-but, oh well!!). Anyways, she doesn't anticipate them coming that soon, but she just wants me to be prepared!! Our first goal is to make it to 30 weeks, which is next Monday. Then we are hoping to make it to 32 weeks. So, for now I am here just hanging out in the hospital for at least the next week and possibly the rest of the pregnancy!! Mom has taught me to knit, so that has helped me occupy my time and I have had several visitors who have brought me little surprises (which is always fun!!) So, I guess I will have plenty of time to keep this blog up to date~hee hee!!

3 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What a dramatic time for you and Kyle. I hope your spirits are up. Glad to see that you fugured your blog thing out! It is a great way to KIT. We are thinking and praying for you.

Kristen Butler Parker said...

Night Night! Sleepy good tonight:) Dream about your yummie breakfast in the morning! love you and can't wait to meet the boys
Kristen

Erik said...

Julie, I'm so sorry! We're praying for you guys...HARD! I love that you're knitting now, isn't it fun? We love you!
-Sonya