Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Update on progress...

Well, this just seems to be an absolute roller coaster ride of emotions! Yesterday's ultra-sound went really good! Parker had made improvements with his blood flow with regards to the umbilical cord. I did start having contractions last night every 2-3 minutes, so they gave me this horrible shot of something that made my heart race and feel jumpy inside for a couple of hours!! But, it did stop the contractions, which is good!! So, last night we went to bed feeling pretty upbeat (of coarse that was after my total emotional breakdown to Kyle of this just being so up and down and feeling like we are constantly on pens and needles-but as usual, Kyle has a way of calming me down and putting things into perspective!! And for that, I am truly thankful!!) I did sleep better last night and I made a conscious effort to drink lots of fluids to help avoid any more contractions and especially that crazy shot!! But, this morning they did the monitoring again, and I was contracting regularly. Luckily, drinking lots of fluids stopped them until Dr. Blake made her rounds and I could talk to her about that shot. She said she could give me precardia (an oral medication) instead that wouldn't have those creepy side effects, so i took that. Then, my ultra-sound today was discouraging as the blood flow was abnormal again!! I am so frustrated!! I feel like my body is totally out of control and there isn't a thing I can do about it!! After the ultra-sound, they did the heart and contraction monitors. And, of coarse I was contracting yet again!! So, they ended up doubling my dose of precardia. I really am having a hard time trusting that these doctors and nurses are giving me the right medications and not over-medicating me. (not that I think they are incompetent, it's just that I have a real trust issue...kind of like the flying thing for those of you who know how well I like to fly.) Anyways...today has not been one of my better days-and I also feel bad b/c it is Kyle's birthday and I haven't been able to do anything for him!! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention another high light to my day was when they weighed me and I am at a grand total of 36 pounds~boy the saga never ends, huh? Well, tomorrow is thanksgiving and hopefully that can take my mind off all this craziness!! Please pray for the health of Parker and Mitchell and the sanity of their mother...and their father!! We are trying to be patient and trust God's will and timing, but as you can tell from this blog, Kyle is way better at this than me!!

No comments: