Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our Progress...

As Kyle said earlier, the boys both started out on a c-pap machine, to help them with their breathing. Today, they were able to step down to a canula (I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly), but anyway, it is just those little tube things that go in their noses. They look much more comfortable with it!! Mitchell is under a little light for jaundice which is normal for preemie babies. Parker was able to get this thing put in his arm instead of having an IV which allowed us to hold him for the first time tonight!! It was absolutely amazing!! He is just precious!! It was so neat, when Kyle was holding him, I leaned down and said, "hey buddy, your mommy and daddy are here and we love you" and he opened his little eyes for a second and calmly went back to sleep!! Of coarse, I cried and I think Kyle even got a little teary!! Anyways, they are making huge progress every day!! The nurses and doctors taking care of them are absolutely wonderful!! In fact, the day time nurse said she thought Leann (the nurse who took care of them at night) would be back tonight and she requested to have them again!! That made us feel so good that they love them too!! Anyways...they are doing great and we will continue to give you updates!! Hopefully, tomorrow Mitchell will be able to have that same thing in his arm that Parker did today, so that we can hold him too!!

Well, I guess I can update you on my recovery as well. Monday night they gave me a morphine drip which is a major pain reliever, but it also slows your pulse rate. Well, apparently every time I fell asleep my pulse rate dropped so low it set off this really loud/annoying alarm. And, as paranoid as I am, I was totally freaked out!! I was awake the whole night worried that I was going to just quit ticking!! So, Tuesday was a really bad day for me!! Dr. Blake made her rounds and I was really weepy when she came by. She thought I needed some anxiety medicine when I told her about the morphine thing!! Really, I think I just needed some serious sleep!! I was so freekin tired I didn't know what to do with myself!! I ended up just going going going all day, then I crashed late in the afternoon and pretty much slept until this morning, only waking up to pump. Today, however, I felt like a whole new person!! So, I imagine as time goes by we will all recover!!

I wanted to thank everyone for the flowers, balloons, games, gifts, food, books, and visits to the hospital!! We feel very loved and are glad you all could share this experience with us!! We love you all and can't wait for you to meet little Mitchell and Parker!!

No comments: