Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I survived!!

As most of you know, I was scared to death of having these precious little boys, but as it turns out, I am now a big advocate of cesarean sections!! Boy was it a piece of cake!! I got into the OR at 4:27 and the boys were both out by 4:37 and I was back in the recovery room by 5:15!! Isn't that amazing? It was actually really nice~they had Christmas music playing the whole time we were in the OR. The guy who administered the spinal was wonderful!! He stood right by me and Kyle the whole time talking to us and explaining everything!! I felt absolutely no pain, which was great!! At one point I felt like the breath had been knocked out of me and I was like, "huh, what is that I feel?" (but it didn't hurt or anything, it was just strange) and Kyle said, "oh nothing, you're fine." Then when we were in recovery he told me that one of the nurses was actually on top of the table pouncing my belly to get Mitchell in the right position so that Dr. Blake didn't have to make an additional incision. Isn't that crazy that all of that was going on, I didn't feel anything?? Thank goodness for that spinal~which also was a piece of cake...getting the IV was more painful than the spinal~kinda crazy, huh?? Anyways...it was music to our ears when both boys were screaming their little heads off, as the doctors had prepared us for them to come out limp and not crying at all!! Our hearts melted as we were introduced to our children!! Though they look like tiny little raisins, they are absolutely PERFECT in every way!! As some of you know, I was a little nervous that they would have big cone heads like their poor mother did, but God even took care of that as they are perfectly round!! We feel so absolutely blessed...as Kyle said this whole experience has been~"indescribable"!!!

Thank you for all your love and support!!

No comments: