Thursday, February 26, 2009

A bad day gone right...

Let me rewind to Tuesday night...Kyle is out with work people, the boys are down, and I am anxiously preparing for our first Wednesday morning play group at Otter Creek by laying out the boys clothes, fixing their lunches and packing their diaper bag. I am so excited for this play date, as we have all had a hard time getting together at anyone's house this winter since our kids are starting to get into everything. Wednesday morning we had breakfast, got ourselves together and off we went (a little early in hopes that the boys would take a cat nap in the car...but much to my dismay, that didn't happen). Anyways, we all get there and we're playing in this big carpeted room and everyone's having a great time for about 5 seconds until my little monsters start up with the whining..."uhhhhhh" I think to myself, "come on, PLEASE be good!!" but the whining continues the entire time, then I think, "ok Julie, you can get through this, hold back the tears every child has their moments..." So, finally it's over, we made it to the car, I fed them their lunch in the parking lot, and they fell right asleep. So that was yesterday...pretty crappy!! Today I wake up with high hopes of having a good day because nothing could be as bad as yesterday....I turn on the today show to find out that the high was going to be 68...oh boy!! Jennifer called to see if we wanted to go with them to Otter Creek to play on the playground and have a picnic, I thought "perfect....we'll be outside, we're sure to have fun!!!" I told her we would meet her there around 10 so that maybe once again the boys would cat nap in the car...Parker did, Mitchell did NOT. So, we get there and we're playing and having a great time, until the whining starts again...by this time it's 10:50, so I'm thinking we'll just eat lunch early today. So we all got our lunches out and I sat on a picnic blanket with the boys to eat and Cole sat at a little table by a tree and Jennifer ran to potty. In that short time, Mitchell decides he doesn't want his lunch and he would much rather have Cole's, so he crawls over to him and gets on top of the table, trying to steal his lunch!! Sweet Cole just sits there, so I ran over and grabbed Mitchell, hit my head on a tree limb and told him no, then I sat him down in front of his lunch. By this time Jennifer is back, Mitchell does the same thing again, then Parker sees him and starts crawling off too, so I again grab Mitchell, hit my head and that dumb tree limb, slipped a bad word, called Mitchell a brat, sat him down firmly, then he screamed so I grabbed him and through him in the car. I go back to get Parker only to find that he has turned over his whole thing of peaches on Jennifer's picnic blanket. So, by this time, I am just boo whooing!! I grabbed him, threw him in the car, and told Jennifer sorry and that we had to leave!! By the time I pull out of the parking lot, they are both asleep!! I called Kyle, picked him up and boo whooed to him all during his lunch break!! Then, I dropped him off and just drove around for another hour. So, needless to say, today was worse than yesterday until tonight...my sweet husband got home with steaks for dinner, mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert and after dinner mints (if you know me, you know those are my favorite!!) just for a pick me up!! So, if that wasn't enough to turn my frown upside down, Parker decided to start walking tonight...he just took off!! Isn't it wonderful to know that the Lord just knows when you've had enough...and He just makes everything wonderful!! So, all of that to say, I feel so blessed....for the good times and bad!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh. Julie. I so wish I was there to share the good and the bad with you. Even though I am not there I am glad that I get to read about. I know how those days are. Way to go Kyle for the pick you up! Love you guys, Amber TX