Thursday, June 4, 2009

Catch Up...

I know it has been forever since i have blogged, but chasing around 2-18 month old boys is absolutely consuming all of my time!! Let me take a minute to catch up on what's been going on in our lives lately...

we bought a new house on March 31st that we refer to as "the money pit" but we absolutely love it!!

The boys are getting HUGE!! P weighs 24 lbs. and M weighs 26 lbs. They are into EVERYTHING...I mean everything!! I can't take my eyes off them for a second before they are into something they shouldn't be into...for example,

they somehow got a tuperware dish off the counter one morning, opened it and had cake and icing painted all over the kitchen.

Then, one afternoon I gave them a broom to play with, only to find them sitting in the floor surrounded by shattered glass from a picture frame I had just put on the wall.

I put P down for a nap one day and couldn't find M anywhere. After searching the house, I looked out the front door only to find him hanging out on the front porch.

At my parents house, mom found Parker inside the oven.

They both love to splash around in any open potty.

Last week we were playing in the back yard at my sisters when we got the pool out. I didn't have their swim suits so we just took their diapers off and let them play in their clothes, well P somehow pooped on the ground without anyone noticing it until mommy steps in it. And the only reason we knew it was him was because he left evidence on his john john~ha!!

They both love the pool, but P is WAY more into it and less fearful than M.

They love toys with a string on them so that they can pull them.

They also love to throw food and their sippy cups on the floor while in their high chairs.

Today, I was loading Parker in the car at TJ Maxx and Mitchell was sitting in the wagon when a mini-van rolled past us giving me a strange look. I thought it was weird, but when I turned around to get Mitchell I noticed he was gone so I ran around the back of the car only to see him rolling down the parking lot with a HUGE smile on his face.

They are climbing on everything in sight...chairs, tables, beds, furniture appliances etc.

They have finally mastered going up and down stairs.

Their new bad behavior is biting and they, especially Mitchell have a MAJOR problem with it to the point where Mitchell bit my face last night and had me in tears...Daddy was furious!! If anyone has any ideas on how to handle biters we would greatly appreciate it!! We have tried time out, popping their leg/hand, putting Tabasco sauce in their mouth (which M just lapped up and smiled), and calmly correcting the bad behavior with an appropriate behavior...nothing seems to faze them!!

On a lighter note, they recently got a new baby cousin who they are obsessed with, especially M. They love kissing her face/hands/feet and patting her. It is really sweet how much they love her!! But, I am paranoid that one of them is just going to haul off and bite her so we have to be really careful and protect her from them!!

They have both started saying "bah" (with an extremely southern accent) while waving good bye to people.

They are also obsessed with pointing at lights and saying "da".

They can do the sign for "more" when they want something.

As crazy as all of this sounds, they are getting SO much easier to handle and much less whinny than they used to be. They have started having a little bit of separation anxiety, but it kind of makes me feel special that they never want me to leave!! I feel like they have really tackled a lot of developmental milestones lately!! They are so much fun and I love being their mommy!! What a sad day it will be, when they don't think we're super cool anymore...ha!!

2 comments:

Zach and Kim said...

AHH I can not believe he was rolling on the ground. Funny but not, oh boys! We'll be saying this til the day we die.

Joel & Joanna said...

Oh my, I was laughing hysterically out loud!!! I hope you can now find those things funny, too! I am sure I am in for it myself, only time will tell! Happy for your new house :o) Sorry about the biting, hope you can remedy it soon.