Saturday, January 19, 2008

Parker, Parker!!

Well, Parker was finally discharged on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 after 44 days of being in the hospital and boy have our lives changed!! We are thrilled that we finally have everyone home and don't have to practically live at Centennial Hospital anymore!! The first night home was so tiring b/c they were not on the same schedule, so I was up a lot!! Luckily, my precious mom came to the rescue on Thursday morning and I went back to sleep for 5 1/2 hours!! Ahhhhh, that was nice!! Last night was so much better!! We have finally gotten them on the same schedule, so I am only up once during the night!! I have decided to forget trying to keep up with their spreadsheets of feedings, poops, pees, and temps. as it is impossible and takes up too much time!! I was so tired when I woke up with them last night so I decided that we would cut to the chase and make it quick!!! I got them in their bouncy seats with bottles while I pumped (yes, I am getting very good at multi-tasking!!) I normally try to work with them to finish their bottles, but once they acted like they weren't interested that was it. Then, my next goal was to change their diapers without them pooping, peeing, or spitting up on their clothes (as changing their clothes is such a long process!!). We achieved that goal for once~hooray!! So, we were only up for an hour!! This is such a HUGE accomplishment that probably won't ever happen again~ha!!

Anyways, we went to the pediatrician for the first time yesterday and that went good!! Mitchell weighs 5 lbs. 3 oz. and Parker weighs 4 lbs. 9 oz. They have to come back in 3 weeks for their shots~sad!! Also, they think Parker has a hernia so we are going to follow up with a urologist at Vanderbilt in February and they think that they will probably have to do surgery, so that's a little nerve wracking thinking about putting a tiny baby under!! But, I'm sure it will be okay!!

Also, I thought I would mention how funny it is that they each have their own little personalities!! Mitchell is our sweet, calm child who is pretty much always content and Parker is our feisty, wild child who demands a lot of attention!! It is entertaining to watch them interact with eachother!! So, we are all doing great and they can't wait to meet everyone!!

1 comment:

Abigail and Ansley said...

I am so happy that everyone is home. Keeping the girls on the same schedule was the best thing for us. I actually kept one 30 minutes ahead of the other during the day so I could manage both. Way to go for still pumping!!!! When I got the hang of things at home, we went to nursing some too, which was helpful. Do you have the "pumping bra?" I got mine at Centennial in the lactation office. It was a MUST for multi-tasking. It zips around you and holds the shields so you don't have to...and you can feed a baby, dry your hair, drive the car, etc. (Can you tell how helpful it was?) Sorry for the novel! I am so happy for you all! I would love to e-mail sometime...if you ever have any downtime... :) They are beautiful little angels...and miracles! Lots of love,
Rebecca