Monday, December 17, 2007

Updates...

Today I went to see Dr. Blake and she finally released me to drive~hooray!! I told mom today that I felt like I had been grounded!! She also said everything with my incision looked great!! I asked her about exercising and she said I could start walking, so I need to get my jelly belly in gear!!

The boys are doing absolutely great!! I got a little down last week when Parker was losing weight, but he is doing much better!! He weighs 2 lbs. 9 oz. and Mitchell weighs 3 lbs. 1 oz.!! We are so excited that Mitchell tipped the scale at 3 lbs.!! He also has grown from 15 1/4 in. when he was born to 17 in. and Parker has grown from 15 in. to 15 1/4 in.!! Mitchell was able to get his IV out, so today they moved them to the same crib!! Ahhhh, they just look so precious and peaceful!! Mitchell is down to 1 on the flow of his canula, so they think he will get it off tonight maybe!! Parker is on 9, so he has to slowly get down to 0 before he can get off. They are both taking 24 ml (which is about 3/4 oz.) of breast milk with fortifying powder (which adds calories and vitamins to help them put on weight faster) in their feeding tubes every 3 hours (which is 6 oz. per day~so basically I am a milking machine~ha!!). Parker's belly button stump fell off the other day, so we were able to give him a tub bath instead of a sponge bath. It was so much fun~he loved it!! We're still waiting for Mitchell's to fall off!! The nurse today told me that she thinks they will definitely move to the step down unit by Christmas!! We hope she's right!! We are so thrilled with their progress and know that it's because they are constantly being lifted up in prayer!! Gloria (the nurse) said that she just couldn't believe how great they were doing and that they haven't really had any big set backs!! Prayer is so powerful and God definitely hears our cries and for that we are truly thankful!!! Well, I will get some pictures and video up tomorrow!! Please keep praying!!

1 comment:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Great news! Glad to see that your spirits are up and everyone is making such great progress. Merry Christmas.